Maine Aquaculture Association
The Maine Aquaculture Association (MAA) is the oldest state aquaculture trade associations in the country. We were founded in 1976 by local oyster growers along the Damariscotta River. Since that time we have expanded to represent all aquaculture in the state including freshwater and marine farmers and shellfish and finfish farmers. Membership in the association is open to all interested individuals, organizations and companies.
The Purpose of MAA is as follows:
- To work for the efficient production of food from Maine’s aquatic and marine environments;
- To provide a channel for the exchange of information among aquaculturalists and between aquaculturalists and the public;
- To suggest quality standards for aquaculture products;
- To express opinion to the public and to the legislative branches of local, state and federal governments on issues; and
- To aid producers in the promotion of aquaculture products