Finance and Accounting for Startups
Learn small business accounting, entrepreneurial finance, budgets, capital raising and exit strategies with seasoned startup CFO Chris Benjamin! This course teaches entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses all things business accounting and entrepreneurial finance related, A to Z. Starting with an introduction to accounting concepts, we move into financial reports and how to create them, understand them and analyze them.
As well we talk about budgeting and forecasting. Next we discuss growing your company, how to understand and analyze it using non conventional reports.
After growing your company, we talk about raising capital and what is involved and avenues you can take. One section is devoted to the initial public offering process and the timing, costs and best business practices involved.
Last, we discuss exit strategies and how to give your investors and yourself a payoff for your hard work.
Content and Goals
- Over 75 lectures and 7.5 hours of content!
- Understand basic accounting concepts
- Understand the standard and non standard financial reports
- Understand how to raise capital for your business
- Understand the process of taking a company public
- Understand exit strategies for your company and its investors
- Understand the audit process