Northcross Group (NCG) is a consulting firm that supports clients with technology centric projects and programs. NCG has a distributed workforce that leverages Cloud-based infrastructure for operations as well as delivery of services directly to clients. NCG’s development efforts utilize both AWS and the Pantheon PaaS; and is moving towards a cloud native model leveraging a CI/CD approach.
NCG delivers technical and management consultative services in a range of industries and sectors. Our services span systems solutioning, process automation, and security. NCG has offices in Portland, Maine and Arlington, Virginia. This position is for the Portland, Maine location.
The Network & Cloud Administrator will support a distributed workforce with basic network and system access management and network administration. This includes responsibility for applicable endpoint and gateway security. The position is actively engaged in the CI/CD operations of NCG’s Cloud based tools and will play an active role in the strategic planning and design of future efforts. The position will provide oversight to various network and cloud services used by NCG. The position is actively engaged in NCG security operations and program efforts.
The position also includes providing support an engaging directly with NCG’s end clients on an as needed basis.
Key Responsibilities for the role include (but are not limited to):
· Providing server/application configurations and hardening
· Evaluating, maintaining and enhancing system security
· Deploying and maintaining new application systems
· Working closely with Web Systems, Security, Operating System, and Network resources
· Manage Fortinet firewalls and appliances
· Deploy, upgrade and maintain application and web servers based on approved SOPs
· Work closely with various team members internally and externally for successful completion of various day-to-day tasks and ongoing infrastructure support projects
· Contribute with technical documentation writing
· Occasional after-hours and weekend support
· Scan networks for vulnerabilities and perform penetration tests
· Provide other Network Administrator duties as required
· Some travel may be required
The Network & Cloud Infrastructure Administrator must have demonstrated experience with the ability to manage and support Servers and Applications, along with general LAN related support activities. Daily tasks will include system monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting as needed, while ensuring that best practices and compliance methodologies are followed.
Strong networking background is required along with current familiarity with Fortinet firewalls and appliances. Familiarity with key management and various encryption frameworks is also required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, including the ability to effectively format and deliver information to the proper audience (e.g. developer, executive, and clients). Experience with AWS, Pantheon, and Office 365 are preferred.
Specific technical skills include the following:
· Experience with MS Windows, Servers, and Office Applications
· Experience in system monitoring and support
· Incident response process experience
· Experience with LAN architectures; design, protocols, troubleshooting and administration
· Ability to plan and execute system upgrades and updates
· Experience with change management processes
· Experience with system development life cycle processes
· Ability to communicate effectively emphasizing both written and oral presentation skills
· Document architectures, designs and operational materials
· Strong technical writing skills are required
All applicants must be able to undergo a successful background check.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience:
· 3-5 years of work experience
· Microsoft or Fortinet Certifications are a plus
· Experience in information security and system hardening is preferred
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· NCG provides employees full health insurance benefits (including vision)
· Dental benefits
· Employer contributing 401(k)
· Short and long term disability insurance
· Life insurance
· Three weeks of personal time off in addition to observance all ten Federal Government holidays.
· Tuition and education benefits are also available.
Starting salary will be set based on experience.
NCG is equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume.